Kylie Scott talks about her new book which explores the world of internet dating.
1. Can you tell us more about your latest book, Twist?
It’s the story of two people who meet through an internet dating site. But when they meet, neither get quite what they were expecting.
2. Where did you get the inspiration for the novel?
Just by hearing stories and seeing for myself how popular online dating is now.
3. Do you have a favourite character you can tell us a bit more about?
Alex, my heroine, was a lot of fun to write. She’s basically a shut-in who works at home and doesn’t have many people in her life. She’s a little afraid of the big wide world, which was fun to play with.
4. Is the book in any way based on your own experiences or is it all fiction?
No, it’s all made up.
5. Was there a particular part of the novel that was really difficult to write for you?
The dark part of the book is always challenging.
6. Do you listen to music when writing? And if so, what kind of music inspires you?
Yes, I sometimes do. Mostly Alt Rock.
7. What is a great book you’ve read recently that you would recommend to others?
Night Owls by Jenn Bennett.
8. If you could give one piece of advice to an aspiring author, what would it be?
Keep going. Finish what you start.
9. When did you decide to write and what prompted you to start?
I’ve always played around with stories.
10 What’s next for you?
On to the next book, Chaser!
When his younger brother Eric loses interest in online dating, hot bearded bartender Joe Collins only intends to log into his account and shut it down for him. Until he reads about her.
Alex Parks is funny, fascinating, and pretty much everything Joe’s been looking for in a woman – except that she lives across the country. Soon they’re emailing up a storm and telling each other their deepest, darkest secrets … except the one that really matters. He’s not the man she thinks he is.
When Alex pays the Dive Bar a surprise visit, she’s in for the shock of her life. And Joe’s about to learn that when it comes to love, it’s always better served straight up than with a twist.
Kylie Scott is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author. She has been voted Australian Romance Writer of the year by the Australian Romance Writer’s Association and her books have been translated into six different languages. She is a longtime fan of romance, rock music, and B-grade horror films. Based in Queensland, Australia with her two children and husband, she reads writes and never dithers around on the internet.