Author Cari Kamm asks, whether you’re solo or a duo, do you let the flowers, candy, and romantic reservations make or break you?
Think of February 14th as a day to Be Love. When you lack self-love, it doesn’t matter if you’re single or in a relationship, because that empty space will shelter loneliness, insecurities, and fear, leaving you unfulfilled. It starts with YOU! Check out these tips to show yourself what you’ve got.
- Education = Empowerment. How’s your perspective? Find a guru and check out their books, blogs, and workshops. Pump up those mental muscles!
- Challenge yourself and get uncomfortable. Growth is waiting for you outside your comfort zone!
- Just go and get lost. Take a trip via plane, train, or car. Pick a week, weekend or day destination!
- Detox your mind, skin and soul with a spa day.
- Mentor someone. Whether you volunteer or it’s your younger sibling, inspiring others will ignite your own inspiration!
- Launch your passion. Stop feeding your excuses & start feeding your soul. Get out of your way and get into your life. There are 24-hours in a day so find one each day to create your plan of action.
- Rescue an animal.
- You don’t have to forget but forgive someone. Be bigger. Not bitter.
- Let go of that unhealthy relationship. You are deserving, so stop being scared to put yourself out there.
- Take the day off. Do absolutely nothing! Tell your To-Do to take a hike.
- Stop the fake perfect BS. You have this one beautiful life to live honestly. Look in the mirror and repeat, “The real me is the perfect me.”
- Tell someone you love them. Say it and see what happens. You might just realize how adored you truly are.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Chloe Kassidy has just been accepted into one of Manhattan’s most exclusive art exhibits, Love Through Light. However, with her singular dedication to her career, she soon realizes that in sacrificing her personal life, she has never been in love. A hopeless romantic who is terrified of heartbreak, Chloe begins to enlist the help of her circle of friends to learn about love through their very different stories and experiences. In Chloe’s emotional rollercoaster to having the greatest love story ever told, she’ll learn that like her photography she must use the negatives in life to develop and prove that she’s a strong woman who found her way to love through light.
Cari Kamm has worked in the beauty industry for over a decade, building brands, working behind the scenes, and even selling her own skin care line. She has a master’s in clinical nutrition from New York University. Kamm currently works in corporate social media management with clients in the beauty, fashion, and restaurant industries. Living in New York City with her mutt Schumtz, Kamm loves finding inspiration in the most unexpected places, being a novelist, and convincing her boyfriend that ordering takeout and making dinner reservations are equal to cooking.